First West Foundation and it's regional community endowments are pleased to build on the first wave of Community Response Fund grants with a second wave of recipients. We are proud to distribute an additional $171,000 to the organizations listed below. In June, $344,200 has been distributed to 33 organizations across Envision Financial, Island Savings and Valley First communities through the newly launched Response Fund. The next round of grants will be announced the week of July 7.
Click here to learn about the first wave recipients.
Launched in late May, this $500,000 Community Respone Fund was established to support charities across BC who have been impacted by COVID-19. The Fund focuses on food security and basic needs supports for youth, families and seniors.
The following charities received second wave funding:
• Breakfast Club of Canada, $7,500
• Chilliwack and District Seniors Resource Society, $10,000
• Chilliwack Hospice, $15,000
• CMHA Vancouver-Fraser, $2,500
• Delta Community Living Society, $10,000
• Encompass, $10,000
• Kitimat Community Development Centre, $10,000
• Mamas for Mamas, $15,000
• Salvation Army Ridge Meadows, $15,000
• 1Up Victoria Single Parent Resource Centre, $7,500
• Cowichan Seniors Community Foundation, $13,000
• Nanaimo Youth Services Association, $5,000
• Salt Spring and Southern Gulf Islands Community Services Society, $10,000
• BrainTrust Canada Association, $3,000
• CMHA Kelowna, $10,000
• Okanagan Similkameen Neurological Society (OSNS), $10,000
• OneSky Community Services, $7,500
• YMCA of Okanagan, $10,000